When Bytes cousin was visiting several weeks ago, she challenged him to try a recipe for White Chocolate Blueberry Dessert she thought sounded really good. He got the ingredients and “aged” them in the pantry. The fruit was used in another recipe but a second container was later purchased and waiting in the fridge. Then Wheels asked Bytes last Friday if he wanted to come along for a dinner out to celebrate my birthday. He said yes, and then committed to making a dessert for after dinner. It was a celebratory dessert worth waiting for!
Bytes tweaked the recipe and took photos of the process – a creative bloggy birthday gift. My sister and mister joined us for dessert later in the evening. Their card said “I wish you a day full of smiles. . . “ That dessert was certainly smile worthy! Oh my goodness – it was sooo good. Creamy, crunchy, bursting with fruit. Oh so light with a delectable golden Oreo crust. Heavenly white chocolate on top. All melded together in divine harmony.
Use food processor to crush a package of whole golden Oreo cookies into fine crumbs. Stir in melted butter and and press into 9×13 pan. Refrigerate while preparing the rest.
Mix cream cheese layer, fold in blueberries and spread over the Oreo crust. Place back in refrigerator.
Combine milk and white chocolate instant pudding, beating until it begins to thicken. Spread over cream cheese layer and return to refrigerator to firm.
When pudding layer is set, spread whipped topping over the dessert. Top with white chocolate shavings or pieces. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
May your day be full of smiles!
- 1 package Golden Oreo cookies (whole cookies including filling, 36 count)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 ¼ cup whipped topping
- 1 to 1 ½ cups fresh blueberries (8 – 12 ounce package)
- 1 package white chocolate sugar free instant pudding
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 ½ cups whipped topping
- 12 – 15 pieces of white melting chocolate, chopped
- Use food processor to crush a package of whole golden Oreo cookies, including filling, into fine crumbs. Pour into 9x13 pan.
- Melt butter in small microwavable dish, about 1 minute depending on microwave. Pour melted butter into the cookie crumbs. Stir melted butter into cookie crumbs until well mixed, then evenly press into pan.
- Refrigerate while preparing the rest.
- Mix cream cheese, softened butter and powder sugar, beating well. Mix in 1 ¼ cup whipped topping.
- Carefully fold in blueberries.
- Spread evenly over the Oreo crust.
- Place back in refrigerator.
- Combine milk and white chocolate instant pudding in medium bowl. Beating until it begins to thicken, in 2-3 minutes.
- Spread over cream cheese layer and return to refrigerator to firm.
- When pudding layer is set, spread whipped topping over the dessert.
- Top with white chocolate shavings or chopped pieces.
- Cover with clear wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Be sure to follow A Pinch of Joy so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!! Follow: Facebook / RSS feed / bloglovin’ / twitter and pinterest. Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!