* * * * * * I am so excited to be participating in a $600 Giveaway with 30 other bloggers! I don’t want you to miss out on a chance for a great prize! Click here for the giveaway! You don’t have to finish all your entries in one setting because Rafflecopter will let you pick up where you left off. Good luck!
I made Sausage Appetizer Bites for New Year’s Eve because the guys love it! It’s a filling, hearty appetizer with no fancy flavors or parts — just good stuff together! I made it again recently and barely saved enough for a picture. You’re lucky I have no compunction about grabbing food off their plates for a photo! Bytes tried to put teethmarks in all of his but I was faster. And then I couldn’t get a knock your socks off photo . . . . You’ll have to take my word with scant photographic proof that this is a taste worth fighting for. . . it is!
Use the full crescent sheets if you can. Otherwise press the seams together on the perforated crescent dough. Grease or spray the baking sheet and work with the first package of crescent dough directly on the cookie sheet. Stretch it a little larger as you work — maybe an inch longer and an inch wider — half an inch each way. The type of sausage you choose will determine the flavor. I use Bob Evans or Jimmy Dean original, but if you like more kick, choose appropriately. Stir frequently while browning the sausage. Cut the cream cheese in squares of an inch or two so it will melt more quickly. Spoon the meat and cream cheese over the dough and use the spoon to distribute the mixture evenly, stopping at least half an inch from the edge of the dough. Open the second package of crescent dough, unroll and carefully place on top of the meat mixture, stretching and patting perforations together. Press the edges together all the way around, lifting the first layer to meet the second if necessary. Bake in preheated oven and cool for a few minutes after removing from the oven. A Pizza cutter works well in cutting 1 inch by 1 inch pieces. Serve — but stand back immediately!
Great for the big game or any time you want to serve a hearty appetizer. I also serve it for a light supper. Cut it into larger pieces about four inches by three inches, add a salad and a cookie. So good!
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 2 packages crescent dough
- Brown sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently to break up any pieces.
- When brown drain grease and return to pan.
- Cut cream cheese into thirds across and then cut in half the long way.
- Add pieces to hot sausage and stir until melted.
- In the meantime, spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and spread one sheet of crescent dough on cookie sheet. If using crescent roll dough, press dough together at perforations.
- When cream cheese has melted, spread sausage and cheese mixture on dough leaving half inch margin all around the mixture.
- Open second can of crescent dough and spread on top of mixture. Press edges of dough together to prevent meat and cheese from oozing out. Fold up bottom layer over top layer if necessary.
- Bake at 375 until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Let set about 5 minutes and cut with sharp knife into 1inch squares.
- Serve warm. (But they taste good when cool too!)
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Be sure to follow A Pinch of Joy so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!!
Subscribe: email on the sidebar or follow on Facebook / RSS feed / bloglovin’ / twitter and check out my pinterest boards. Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!
Linking up to these awesome parties here and, ,Nifty Thrifty Sunday / Share Your Creativity / Sunday Showcase / Let’s Get Social / Bewitch Me and Titi / Monday Funday / . . . / Inspiration Monday / Motivate Me Block Party / / Marvelous Mondays / CraftoManiac Monday / Sew Darn Crafty / / Sweet Sharing Monday / Melt in Your Mouth Monday / More The Merrier /Made By You Monday / Pincentive / Time to Sparkle / Give Me the Goods / The DIY’ers / Manic Monday / / . .Twirl and Take a Bow Tuesdays Treasures / / Create Link Inspire / Tutorials and Tips / You’re Gonna Love It / / / Titus 2 Tuesday / Totally Tasty Tuesday / Tuesday Talent Show, / Wow Me Wednesday. . . Hit Me with Your Best Shot / Homework Wednesday / The Inspiration Exchange / Cast Party Wednesday / Pretty Wednesday / Wow Me Wednesday /Wine’d Down Wednesday /Wednesday Project Stash / Wonderful Wednesdays / We Did It!/ It’s A Party / Whimsy Wednesday / Wildly Original / Homemade By You / Delish Desserts / . . . Full Plate Thursday / Showcase Your Talent / Krafty Inspiriation / All Things Pretty / Throwback Thursday / Crafty Blog Stalker/ Fantastic Thursday / Tasty Thursday / / Catch a Glimpse , Grace at Home, Kitchen Fun, Thrifty Thursday. . Feathered Nest Friday / I’m Lovin’ It / Flaunt It Friday / What’s Shakin / Link Party Palooza / Foodie Friday / Anything Goes./ Freedom Friday / Remodelaholic Anonymous / Simple and Sweet Fridays / Craft Frenzy Friday / Be Inspired Friday / Friday Link Party /. . . . /A Bouquet of Talent / Party Junk / Saturday Dishes / Saturday Show and Tell / Strut Your Stuff Saturday / Serenity Saturday, / Pin It Saturday / Saturday Spotlight / Saturday Showilicious /