A quick and easy recipe from Bytes! This one is super fast! You’ll need one medium pork chop per person. A medium chop is 3/4 inch to 1 inch thick. The ones Bytes used were about the size of my hand — maybe three inches across by about five inches long. Grilling time is 5 to 6 minutes on each side. The apples also take about 10 minutes to cook — no need to peel, just quarter, core and slice. If your grill has a side burner, this goes really quickly. Or you can cook the apples ahead of time and warm them just before serving with the finished chop. Use whatever apples you have on hand, a crisp apple like Gala or Fuji is good. Another Bytes’ Bite –a meal that is quick to prepare and clean up and move on to the evening’s activity!
- 1 medium Pork Chop per person
- Seasoning to taste
- 1 apple for each two pork chops
- 1 tablespoon butter for each apple
- Cinnamon to sprinkle on apples, ¼ teaspoon or to taste
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup per apple for drizzling, optional
- Preheat Grill to medium heat and cook chops about 5-6 minutes on each side. Internal temperature should be about 145 degrees.
- Quarter apples, then core and slice.
- Melt butter in medium skillet and add apples.
- Cook over medium heat and stir gently every couple of minutes, until apples are tender but not soft.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over apples and drizzle with honey or maple syrup, if desired.
- Serve warm over hot pork chops.
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Be sure to follow A Pinch of Joy so you don’t miss a thing! Subscribe by email on the sidebar or follow on Facebook, RSS feed, bloglovin’ twitter and check out my pinterest boards. If you found this helpful or inspiring please share below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!