Quick Cheeseburger Quiche was probably originally a Bisquick Impossible recipe, but we’ve always called it cheeseburger quiche. Maybe to fool the mommy cook – or the small diners and their daddy — into thinking there was an exotic gourmet dish on the table in the after work scramble! It’s a great weekday meal – about 35 minutes from start to steaming finish.
When I started looking for lower carb options, this recipe surprisingly filled the bill! It is 10 carbs per serving and has 26 grams of protein to recommend it – besides its tasty heartiness. This goes together quickly – especially if you keep browned ground beef on hand. If you like a bit of Italian flair, try adding Italian seasoning along with the salt and pepper. You can also vary the cheese and use monterey jack, colby jack or any other yellow cheese or combination thereof. Served with hot vegetable and crisp salad, this is a good dish for those cool fall days.
- 1 pound ground beef OR 2 cups browned ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt or to or to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup biscuit baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Spray 8x8 square baking pan with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Brown ground beef and drain excess fat. Spread evenly in bottom of baking pan.
- Distribute the next four ingredients evenly over ground beef.
- In small bowl, mix together milk, eggs and baking mix. Pour over meat and seasonings.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Follow A Pinch of Joy using the icons on the teal bar at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!! Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the sharing buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!
Shared with these awesome link parties here