I mooshed several different Crockpot Lasagna recipes together to come up with another crockpot special to feed the work crew during the kitchen remodel! I would make this crock pot lasagna again – but flavor it up a little bit. Normally we don’t do spicy, but this was a little bland for us. Since I did not have a stove, I used ground beef that I browned before freezing and added dried onion flakes and minced garlic from a jar. I think this would be better with a small/medium onion chopped and sauted with about twice the garlic I used. It probably would also benefit from using a more flavorful jarred sauce so use your favorite instead of the plain I had. Or add a teaspoon of Italian seasoning. Remember to keep the meat and sauce layer thin enough to sort of see the noodles beneath and add just a taste of meat on each layer. My tendency is to pile it on and I always run out before I get to the last layer 🙂 The amount of spaghetti sauce could vary from 24 ounce size to 28 ounces so use the full container. The extra bit of water helps soften the noodles and they very nicely absorbed the full amount of moisture, without being dry or mushy. Because the guys weren’t ready to quit right at four hours, I set the crockpot on warm for an hour or more to hold it with no problem. A good basic recipe.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 24 ounce container spaghetti sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 8 ounce package regular lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 12 ounces cottage cheese (1 ½ cups)
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup additional shredded mozzarella or shredded parmesan cheese
- Spray inside of slow cooker pot with cooking spray
- Brown ground beef, with garlic and onion
- Stir sauce into browned meat and spread one fourth of the mixture over the bottom of the crockpot.
- Arrange a single layer of uncooked noodles over the sauce, breaking as necessary to fit.
- Combine cottage cheese, mozzarella and seasonings in bowl, then spoon one third of the mixture over the noodles.
- Repeat layers of meat, noodles and cheese two times.
- Top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove cover 10 minutes before serving. Add additional ½ cup of mozzarella or parmesan cheese to top.
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Follow A Pinch of Joy using the icons on the teal bar at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!! Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please pin for future reference! Or share on facebook or twitter by clicking one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!
Shared with these awesome link parties here