Peanut Butter Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Bars. With a long name like that, you should know what to expect. All those yum flavors are contained in one little square of not too sweet goodness! What you don’t expect is the chewiness, the subtle texture, the hint of peanut butter. Top that off with the melty chocolate chips —- mmmmm!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Bars
Author: A Pinch of Joy by Charlene Vance
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 12 servings
- 1 ½ cups oatmeal
- ⅔ cup flaked coconut
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 9x13 inch pan with aluminum foil for easy clean up. Spray with cooking spray.
- Beat together butter and peanut butter until well mixed.
- Add sugars and beat well until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each one is well incorporated.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and stir until mixed. Add oatmeal and coconut and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pat dough into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden. Do not overbake.
- Let cool in pan for 10-15 minutes, then lift from pan to cooling rack, using the aluminum foil for handles.
- Store in airtight container.
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Be sure to follow A Pinch of Joy so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!! Follow: Facebook / RSS feed / bloglovin’ / twitter and pinterest. Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!