From my sister, Bee . . .Chicken and Bacon Lasagna Rollups . . . a creamy, cheesy pasta dish with chicken made over the top delicious with yummy bacon. Sooo good. I got to do the filling and rolling for this batch — since I was hanging around the pan of browned bacon, I think. She’s generous with bacon, but has this idea that everyone should have an equal chance. 🙂 I learned from her when visiting a couple years ago, that its so much easier to snip bacon into one inch pieces BEFORE browning. Duh! Here’s what the pan looked like right out of the oven. Too bad you can’t scratch and sniff, because the aroma is delightful!!
- 8 lasagna noodles. cooked
- 1 pound bacon, diced, cooked and drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup approximately prepared Alfredo sauce,
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese,shredded
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- ½ c4up grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring large pot of water to boil, add lasagna noodles and cook according to package directions for al dente. Do not overcook. Drain and separate noodles to allow excess water to drain.
- Grill or cook chicken breasts until done, Let cool slightly and dice or shred. Set aside.
- Cut bacon into one inch pieces and fry. Add diced onions and minced garlic when bacon has browned and cook until bacon is crisped, about three minutes. Lift bacon mixture onto plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Mix together cheeses, sour cream, and seasonings.
- Lay noodles flat on paper lined surface. .Divide and spread the filling onto the pasta evenly.
- Add shredded chicken onto each pasta, about ½ cup chicken on each roll. .
- Set aside ⅓ cup bacon mixture. Distribute remainder bacon mixture on top of the chicken and cheese on the lasagna noodles
- Sprinkle Parmesan on top of the bacon and chicken.
- Spread ½ cup of Parmesan Cream Sauce on the bottom of a medium baking dish.
- Roll each lasagna and noodle and put seam side down in baking dish.
- Spread remainder of cream sauce.evenly across top of lasagna rolls
- Top with remainder of bacon.mixture
- Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes to firm before serving.
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Follow A Pinch of Joy using the icons on the teal bar at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!! Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the sharing buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!
Shared with these awesome link parties here
This sounds great! I think I found dinner for tomorrow night. Thanks for sharing.
Maria@SewTravelInspired recently posted…How to Upcycle a T-Shirt Into a Swim Suit Cover-Up