We had some good eating in the last couple weeks before the freezer left, including this deliciously beautiful Fruit Pork Roast. When the freezer’s predecessor died, I almost didn’t buy a replacement. But we just couldn’t do without – in less than a week we gathered up the spare change and went shopping for a freezer. This time we decided to list the little chest on Craigslist and buy a new one to fit the new space once we move.
The people who bought it were super nice. Her sister and children were moving from Florida to live with them for the summer (and maybe longer) while the brother in law got settled in his new job and found a house in New York where he’d been transferred. I wouldn’t back down on the price (since I had a list of seven more inquiries after theirs), but when it came time to pay the guy held back five dollars with high drama. Equally dramatic, I said Yes, we’ll take five dollars less just so you don’t ruin your reputation for driving a hard bargain. He did the happy dance. We all had a good laugh. They loaded the freezer in the back of the SUV with a bit of maneuvering and amazingly the hatchback closed!
This fruit pork loin roast was delicious and served three meals plus another one or two as pulled pork! Don’t let the long list of ingredients scare you. Easy and it cooks all day, releasing the most pleasing aromas. Take a minute to garnish with more fresh apple slices and parsley as you serve it and you’ll have a beautiful presentation. This is worth making, even if you don’t have to empty the freezer and use up the pork roast hiding in the corner.
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ½ cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 pounds boneless pork loin roast or tenderloin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 small lemon, sliced
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- ½ cup packed fresh parsley
- Combine the first seven ingredients in small bowl.
- Use 3 quart slower cooker. If using liner, place in cooker before using. If necessary cut meat in half to fit in slow cooker.
- Mix salt, pepper and ginger in cup and sprinkle over meat. Pour apple juice mixture over roast,then arrange apple and lemon slices as desired.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until tender.
- Gently transfer meat to serving platter to stand for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Be sure to follow A Pinch of Joy so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!! Follow: Facebook / RSS feed / bloglovin’ / twitter and pinterest. Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!