Skillet Lasagna Mexicana is so easy it almost makes itself. Well, not quite. But it is an all-ages approved dinner that goes from pantry to table in just about half an hour. Made from ingredients that are likely already in your pantry and refrigerator, it works wonderfully well on those days you walk in the door with a million things on your mind. Swoop the ingredients off the shelf, brown the meat and simmer in sauce, cook the pasta, add cheese – and there is one less things to worry about. A quick and delicious dinner is on the table. You’ll have time to finish the rest of the list. Or free to play with the kids or even sit down and relax. Whatever fits 🙂
I keep browned ground beef in the freezer in bags of 2 cups each – about a pound of fresh meat. If I throw a package in the refrigerator in the morning, it will be thawed so “the brown the meat” step is already done. That cuts a few minutes off the prep time. Farfelle, with its butterfly shape, is my go-to pasta. I like the shape and it holds sauce well. But any pasta could be used – rotini, seashell, elbow – whatever you like or happen to have on hand. Taco sauce is a nice changeup – a surprise that always goes over well!
- ½ package pasta (about 2 ¼ cups)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 ½ cups hot water
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅔ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions
- In large skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over meat, then add water.
- Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cottage cheese and parmesan cheese. Stir well.
- Add pasta and heat thoroughly
- Pour into serving dish and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Garnish with chopped tomato, parsley and olives if desired.
Welcome to A Pinch of Joy! I’m so glad you stopped by today! Follow A Pinch of Joy using the icons on the teal bar at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!! Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!
Shared with these awesome link parties here