A light lemon flavor combined with creamy white chocolate and a crisp chewy texture, Lemon Cookies with White Chocolate Chips are a study in contrast and complements. Compliments too, because that’s what you’ll get when you make them!!
I’ve mentioned before that I don’t own or use a lot of kitchen specialty tools. I’m a quick and easy cook, as a general rule, so my tools have to fit into the very useful category before I pull them out. And they have to fit in the kitchen drawers. A pastry cutter for cutting shortening/butter into flour was the only “special and limited use” thing for a long time. It was joined by a good digital thermometer a few of years ago that has vastly improved meats served here. Then a cookie scoop wandered in on a sort of whim and was found to be incredibly useful. It makes such nice round cookies, too – who knew? Then a lemon zest grater about 3 inches by 6 inches came home with me. It’s small and doesn’t eat anything so I kept it and slid it into a crack in the regular “stuff” in the drawer. And fresh lemon zest adds such depth of flavor to many recipes. That’s four specialty tools besides the many knives, spatulas and whisks! Let’s hope this doesn’t get out of hand!!!!
Lemon white chocolate chip cookies go together really quickly. Use your cookie scoop to make quick work of getting the cookies on the lined baking sheet. If you have little helpers around they can roll the dough into balls. It may take a little longer, but it will be fun and so worth it! Be careful not to overbake the cookies or they will be dry and crumbly. They should be just turning golden on the bottom and around the edges. Give them a few minutes to finish baking on the sheet before removing to the cooling rack. If I’m using a liner, I like to slide the liner full of cookies onto the cooling rack so tender cookies like these don’t break apart. The flavor is best after they’ve cooled – if you can wait that long. Store in an airtight container or a zip lock bag.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice OR ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 11 ounce bag white chocolate chips (about 2 ¼ cups)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- If using fresh lemon, zest lemon peel with small grater. Cut zested lemon in half and squeeze 1 teaspoon lemon juice, if desired.
- Cream butter and sugars with mixer until light and creamy. Add egg, lemon juice and vanilla and mix well.
- Whisk dry ingredients lightly together in small bowl and then add to butter mixture gradually until combined. Add lemon zest and white chocolate chips, stir until well distributed.
- Use a cookie scoop or roll dough into balls about 1 – 1 ½ inches in diameter. Place on lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart and slightly flatten top of ball.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden on bottom. Cool for five minute before removing from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Be sure to follow A Pinch of Joy so you don’t miss a thing! If you found this helpful or inspiring, please share! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!
Pin for future reference: