Honey Mustard Pretzel Baked ChickenTenders is flavorful, tender and delicious! The pretzel coating provides a nice bit of crunch and color. Serve with the honey mustard dressing for full flavor to brighten any meal. Don’t skip that part because the flavor is phenomenal over the baked chicken!
You could pulse the pretzels in the food processor. Or put them in a zipper bag and smoosh them with a heavy drinking glass or the rolling pin. I opt for the second method. In this house, that’s faster than getting out the food processor and way more satisfying! You want to stop beating on the pretzels while there are still recognizable pretzel pieces though – no matter how great it feels to take out the day’s frustration. Whisk the dressing ingredients together and set aside at least half of it to serve over the baked chicken. I put the dressing in a cereal bowl which is about the right size to dip each piece of chicken into. The crushed pretzels and panko go into a small flat baking dish or a saucer to coat both pieces of chicken.
I haven’t had trouble with the chicken sticking to the cookie sheet that’s been sprayed with cooking spray so I usually opt to not use the foil. Place the sheet in the middle of the hot oven so it doesn’t over brown – top or bottom. I check with the thermometer after about 20 minutes. Poultry is done at 165F. Purchasing the thermometer has saved us from lots of dried, tough chicken because I always overcooked it before!!
It will take about 10 minutes to make the crushed pretzel crust and the dressing, and get the coated chicken on the baking sheet. Add another 20-25 minutes to bake. While the chicken is baking, divide prepared salad into individual bowls, gather hard rolls, butter and salad dressing. Then prepare a vegetable in the microwave or stove top. Dinner’s ready in just about 30 minutes! Quick and easy – no sweat!
- 1 cup pretzels, crushed
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 40 ounce (approx.) package of chicken tenderloins
- Preheat oven to 400. For quick clean up, line cookie sheet with foil.
- Crush pretzels by pressing with bottom of sturdy glass or with a rolling pin. Combine with panko crumbs.
- Mix olive oil, mustard, honey water, vinegar, paprika, salt and pepper to make dressing.
- Pour half the dressing into a bowl and set aside the remainder. Coat each piece of chicken evenly with the dressing, then roll the coated piece in the crushed pretzel/panko mixture.
- Place each piece on the foil lined cookie sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes until cooked through. Temperature should be 165 F.
- Let chicken sit 5 minutes. Serve hot with the remaining honey mustard dressing.
- Place panko and crushed pretzels in quart zipper bag.
- Combine oil, honey, mustard, water, vinegar and seasoning in second quart zipper bag. Seal and shake to combine.
- Place chicken tenders in gallon zipper bag, add the two quart bags mentioned above. Seal and freeze up to three months.
- Thaw 8-12 hours in refrigerator.
- Follow baking directions above.
Welcome to A Pinch of Joy! I’m so glad you stopped by today! Follow A Pinch of Joy using the icons on the teal bar at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!! Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!
Shared with these awesome link parties here