The family reunion is next weekend so I have been buried in family history of the Civil War era. Courageous tales of a sister who made dinner upon demand for soldiers on one side of the conflict, a side for which two of her brothers had been briefly conscripted. She stuffed papers in her shoe as the soldiers hammered on the door and kept them waiting just long enough for a third brother, who served the other side as a spy and who had handed the papers to her, had time to slide under the board walk over which she led the hungry soldiers to dinner. Fascinating — and a bonus that the great granddaughter of one of those conscripted brothers contacted me this weekend to share stories from her branch of the family tree. Thanks for sharing your stories, recipes and projects!!
Featured from last week: Repurpose and Upcycle — Budget Friendly Beach Cottage Mudroom A Bride on a Budget — How the Bridesmaids Can Help at the Bridal Shower That Skinny Chick Can Bake — Chocolate Toffee Cookies Sweet Parrish Place — Thrifted Coffee Table Makeover Domestic Deadline – Designing a Lighting Plan Renovation Rose Bakes — Excavator Cake All That’s Jas — Greek Lamb Meatball Pita Sandwich Eclectic Evelyn — 5 Tips for Life after the Kids Have Left The Baking Explorer — White Forest Cake Jessi Fearon — 5 Ways to Stop the Crazy Clean and Scentsible _ How to Clean Outdoor Cushions Joyfully Unexpected — Why You Should Trust Your Mama Instinct
Grab your featured button to add to your blog. The button will show a green line and Okay indicating that the code will appear when you click “paste” on your blog.
- Add a Busy Monday Button OR a text link somewhere on your blog. Click “copy” for the button code. You won’t actually see the code until you click “paste” on your blog
- Link only posts you created yourself. Please no link parties, sales pages, giveaways.
- Visit others and give the gift of a comment. It’s a party!
- By linking, you agree photos are your own and posts may be shared on social media with attribution to you. All features are pinned to a Busy Monday Feature Board: Recipes, How-to or Featured
- I’d love it if you’d follow me on Pinterest and facebook