The whole family loves this cheesy baked chicken! And it is quick and easy to put together with a 45 minutes bake time so perfect for a quick dinner after work. 10 minutes of prep time and use the 45 minutes of bake time to do whatever else is priority. Keep one of the kids busy by letting them crush the butter crackers while you pull the rest of the ingredients out of the refrigerator and set up the prep station.
I used Ritz crackers, but other brands of similar crackers will also work. I smashed mine in the sleeve itself, just squeezing the wrapped crackers until they were crumbly. You might need to use a heavy glass or other object to finish the job. You want to leave the crumbs small enough to stick, but large enough to provide some texture. A balancing act like so much of life 🙂 Use three shallow dishes for the milk plus salt and pepper, the cheese and the crackers. I used thawed chicken breasts cut into thirds which makes a thicker piece of chicken. Take the foil off to brown and crisp the chicken for the last 10 minutes of baking. A meat thermometer is worth having — no more dried chicken dinners! 165 is the temperature for a well-cooked chicken. Check after 10 minutes of browning to make sure the temperature is right. You’ll have leeway of 5 minutes or so for more browning if needed before it begins to dry out. For adults figure 2 pieces for a serving, but most younger kids will be happy with just one.
- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, about 2 pounds
- 1 Sleeve Ritz Crackers Crushed
- ⅓ Cup Milk
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Pour cracker crumbs, milk, and cheddar into three separate shallow dishes. Add salt and pepper to milk and stir to combine.
- Cut each chicken breast into three equal pieces. Dip each piece into milk, then cheddar, then finish in the cracker crumbs. Place dipped pieces in the prepared baking dish. Finish with remaining chicken. Sprinkle with dried parsley.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken pieces are cooked through and edges are brown and crispy.
Pretty please — pin!
Welcome to A Pinch of Joy! I’m so glad you stopped by today! Follow A Pinch of Joy using the icons on the teal bar at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!! Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!
Shared with these awesome link parties here
Wow! This chicken looks delish. My family would love this for sure! Pinning!
This chicken sounds so good. Thank you for sharing at Nifty Thrifty Sunday.
This only has 4 carbs? I just started Keto and I figured this wouldn’t be compliant… I’m so making this, my mouth literally watered as I was scrolling through the blog hop:)
That’s for two thirds of a chicken breast (since you cut each breast in thirds) but that’s plenty for me!
Mother of 3 says
That does sound wonderful! I can’t wait to try this. Pinned.
It was a hit at our house! thanks for the pin.