Barbecue Stuffed Corn Muffins is what’s for lunch today. Served with a side salad or melon slices these quick and easy muffins make a complete light meal. If you are looking for a more hearty meal, add baked beans. Or slow cooker Calico Beans. The cave hieroglyphs on top are a few shreds of cheese that vaporized in the hot oven. Didn’t add a cheesy topping, but created an imaginative lunch conversation. Is the upper left muffin depicting a charging elephant? A kangaroo? A water buffalo? Or a longhorn?
Several weeks ago, while we were still doing in person grocery shopping – wait! has it really been that long!?! Anyway, I picked up a tray of pulled pork on sale at the grocery and popped it in the home freezer. I was glad I did! We had three meals from it. Meal #1 was pulled pork on a bun with coleslaw. Meal #2 a few days later was baked potato topped with cheese and pulled pork. Meal#3 was this one. Not bad for a $6 purchase!
- 1 8.5 ounce package corn muffin Mix (such as Jiffy)
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk
- ⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup pulled pork in barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200C)
- Place paper baking liner in each cup of muffin tin and spray with cooking spray.
- In small bowl stir together cornbread mix, egg, milk and cheese until combined.
- Put 1 tablespoon of batter in each muffin cup.
- Add a generous 1 tablespoon of pulled pork on top of batter in each cup.
- Divide remaining batter equally into each muffin cup.
- Sprinkle an additional small pinch of cheese (3-5 shreds) on top of each muffin (optional).
- Bake about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin, comes out clean.
For lunch tomorrow? Check out Slow Cooker Chicken Soup
Welcome to A Pinch of Joy! I’m so glad you stopped by today! Follow A Pinch of Joy using the icons on the teal bar at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!! Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!
Shared with these awesome link parties here