Italian Chicken Breast is a Quick and Easy recipe that is delightfully delicious and so easy to make that it will become a regular on the menu.
Thaw the chicken breasts in the refrigerator overnight. Yes, you can thaw them in the microwave, if you forget. But it’s one less hassle if you think ahead and throw the bag of frozen chicken breast in the refrigerator overnight. You can get right to cooking after work. The package of chicken breasts I used were wildly varied in size. Slice them in a way that will give you relatively uniform thickness. I laid the breasts on the cutting board and made slices abut 3/4 inch thick. Those will cook easily with about 5 minutes on each side. Be sure the oil is hot before adding the meat, dredged in egg and crumbs. This will make a quick and crispy crust on each piece. When the chicken is done cooking, arrange it on the platter. Make the lemon butter sauce right in the same pan. Give things a stir with your wooden spoon to loosen little bits of goodness. Add the lemon juice to pick up those bits and then add the butter. Whisk together as the butter melts and stop when the sauce has just begin to appear thicker. Pour the sauce over the chicken, garnish and serve immediately. Scrumptious!
Totally worthy of a birthday celebration! Happy Birthday, Bytes.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Italian Herb seasoning
- Thaw chicken in refrigerator overnight. If necessary cut chicken into uniform slices so it will cook evenly.
- Place large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Beat egg. Quickly dip chicken into egg and then into the bread crumbs. Add to preheated oil in skillet.
- Cook chicken about 5 minutes on each side until fully cooked. Remove chicken from skillet to serving platter and set aside
- Reduce heat. Add lemon juice and butter to skillet and whisk together as butter melts.
- Stir in seasoning and simmer gently for 1-2 minutes to reduce sauce a bit.
- If needed, return chicken to skillet to warm. Remove chicken to platter. Pour sauce over chicken and serve immediately.
Welcome to A Pinch of Joy! I’m so glad you stopped by today! Follow A Pinch of Joy using the icons on the teal bar at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!! Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!
Shared with these awesome link parties here