Skillet Lasagna Is a loose rendition of the standard baked version. They both have all the elements of meat, cheese, tomato sauce and pasta in common. Baked lasagna has big ruffly noodles layered with sauce, meat, then cheese and repeat. Skillet lasagna stirs meat, sauce and noodles in the pan, then tops with cheese when the noodles are just right for eating. For anyone maximizing time, skip the layering and enjoy the same flavors. You can go from cupboard to stove to table in about 30 minutes! This recipe is budget friendly and kid friendly too!
Something quick but a little more sophisticated? Check out Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich.
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 16 oz box pasta, your choice
- 1 15 oz. jar tomato basil sauce
- 2 cups water
- Cook beef, onion and garlic in large skillet over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Add uncooked noodles, jar of pasta sauce, water and mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 15 - 17 minutes or until noodles are al dente and liquid is absorbed.
- Mix together cottage cheese, mozarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Spoon mixture evenly over cooked beef and noodle mixture. Cover and cook over low heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from heat. Uncover; let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic as instructed. Add browned meat and tomato sauce to one gallon zip bag.
- Mix together cheeses and place in quart zipper bag.
- Put both bags in another gallon bag.
- Remove from freezer night before cooking and let thaw overnight. Add meat and tomato sauce mixture to large skillet over medium heat. Add water and pasta and cook as above.
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Follow A Pinch of Joy using the icons on the teal bar at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!! Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!
Shared with these awesome link parties here