No Noodle Chicken Lasagna saves you the time needed for cooking and placing the noodles used in a full out lasagna. But you still get to enjoy the creamy deliciousness of the lasagna filling topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. And it is delicious! Quick too. No one step that takes way longer than the others. They all flow together swiftly. Takes less than 10 minutes to put together. Baking time is only 25 minutes. You can have it in the oven shortly after arriving home from work and on the table in just over 30 minutes.
Serve with a salad – freshly made while the chicken bakes or poured from a bag and dressed at the last minute. And since there are no carbs from noodles, enjoy that warm, buttery, fragrant slice of garlic bread! Sounds like a winner to me!!
This recipe will also adapt to make ahead and freeze. Put together ricotta cheese mixture and flatten in a quart size zipper freezer bag. Place together with the chicken fillets in gallon sized zipper freezer bag. Add to the gallon bag one small zipper bag with marinara sauce and another with the mozzarella cheese. Freeze. To use: Thaw overnight and follow instructions above.
- 5 chicken breast fillets
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ⅔ cup marinara sauce
- ⅔ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brush both sides of the chicken with olive oil and place on baking pan at least 1 inch apart.
- Mix together in small bowl ricotta cheese, egg, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and basil. Spread evenly over chicken breasts.
- Top each piece of chicken and ricotta with 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce. Top with 2 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake about 25 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
Welcome to A Pinch of Joy! I’m so glad you stopped by today! Follow A Pinch of Joy so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!! Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!
Shared with these awesome link parties here
Debbie- Dabble says
Debbie- Dabble recently posted…Bunny Tea Buffet, Early Spring Front Porch and a Double Rainbow!!!