Another crockpot special to feed the work crew during the kitchen remodel! I mooshed a several different Crockpot Lasagna recipes together to come up with this.
I would make this crock pot lasagna again – but flavor it up a little bit. Normally we don’t do spicy, but this was a little bland for us. Since I did not have a stove, I used ground beef that I browned before freezing and added dried onion flakes and minced garlic from a jar. I think this would be better with a small/medium onion chopped and sauted with about twice the garlic I used. It probably would also benefit from using a more flavorful jarred sauce so feel free to use your favorite instead of the plain. Or add a teaspoon of Italian seasoning. Remember to keep the meat and sauce layer thin enough to sort of see the noodles beneath and add just a taste of meat on each layer. My tendency is to pile it on and I always run out before I get to the last layer The amount of spaghetti sauce could vary from 24 ounce size to 28 ounces so use the full container. The extra bit of water helps soften the noodles and they very nicely absorbed the full amount of moisture, without being dry or mushy. Because the guys weren’t ready to quit right at four hours, I set the crockpot on warm for an hour or more to hold it with no problem. A good basic recipe.
- 1 pound ground beef, approximate
- 24 ounce container spaghetti sauce, plain
- ¼ cup water
- 8 ounce package regular lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 ounces cottage cheese (1 ½ cups)
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup additional shredded mozzarella or shredded parmesan cheese
- Spray inside of slow cooker pot with cooking spray
- Brown ground beef, if not pre-browned.
- Stir sauce into browned meat and spread one fourth of the mixture over the bottom of the crockpot.
- Arrange a single layer of uncooked noodles over the sauce, breaking as necessary to fit.
- Combine cottage cheese, mozzarella and seasonings in bowl, then spoon one third of the mixture over the noodles.
- Repeat layers of meat, noodles and cheese two times.
- Top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove cover 10 minutes before serving. Add additional ½ cup of mozzarella or parmesan cheese to top.
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Be sure to follow A Pinch of Joy so you don’t miss a thing!
Subscribe by email on the sidebar or follow on Facebook, RSS feed, bloglovin’ twitter and check out my pinterest boards. If you found this helpful or inspiring please share below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!
Linking up to these awesome parties here and, ,Nifty Thrifty Sunday / Share Your Creativity / Sunday Showcase / Let’s Get Social / Bewitch Me and Titi / Monday Funday / . . . / Inspiration Monday / Motivate Me Block Party / Project Inspired / Marvelous Mondays / CraftoManiac Monday / Sew Darn Crafty / / Sweet Sharing Monday / Melt in Your Mouth Monday / More The Merrier /Made By You Monday / Pincentive / Time to Sparkle / Give Me the Goods / The DIY’ers / Manic Monday / Tuesday at Our Home / . .Twirl and Take a Bow Tuesdays Treasures / / Create Link Inspire / Tutorials and Tips / You’re Gonna Love It /Mommy Club Linky / / Titus 2 Tuesday / Totally Tasty Tuesday / Tuesday Talent Show, / Wake Up Wednesday / Wow Me Wednesday. . . Hit Me with Your Best Shot / Homework Wednesday / The Inspiration Exchange / Cast Party Wednesday / Pretty Wednesday / Wow Me Wednesday /Wine’d Down Wednesday /Wednesday Project Stash / Wonderful Wednesdays / We Did It!/ It’s A Party / Whimsy Wednesday / Wildly Original / / Delish Desserts / . . . Full Plate Thursday / Showcase Your Talent / Krafty Inspiriation / All Things Pretty / Throwback Thursday / Crafty Blog Stalker/ Fantastic Thursday / Tasty Thursday / / Catch a Glimpse , Grace at Home, Kitchen Fun, Thrifty Thursday. . Feathered Nest Friday / I’m Lovin’ It / Flaunt It Friday / What’s Shakin / Link Party Palooza / Foodie Friday / Anything Goes./ Freedom Friday / Remodelaholic Anonymous / Simple and Sweet Fridays / Craft Frenzy Friday / Be Inspired Friday / Friday Link Party /Friday Weekend Wind Down . . . . /A Bouquet of Talent / Party Junk / Saturday Dishes / Saturday Show and Tell / Strut Your Stuff Saturday / Favorite Things Saturday / Serenity Saturday, / Pin It Saturday / Saturday Spotlight / Saturday Showilicious