Crispy on the side exposed to heat, soft and tender on the inside, a bit of chocolate to sweeten things up and a go nuts attitude. Red velvet cookies may be the perfect recipe for cookies – and for coping with life. They are quick and easy to make, not too sweet and just the right amount of chocolate. If you want the show stopping white chocolate chips to show – add them to the top just before you pop the cookie sheet in the oven. “You can make these again any time” , Bytes always says. ‘Nuff said.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons liquid food coloring
- 1 ¾ cup biscuit mix
- ¼ cu unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla, egg and food color, mix well.
- Add biscuit mix and cocoa at low speed and mix until combined
- Stir in nuts and white chocolate chips
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and drop cookie dough by tablespoonful about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 3-5 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to cooling rack.
A dozen great cookie recipes — one each day (except Sunday) for the next twelve days! Check back daily to see the Cookie of the Day!
1. Fruitcake cookies
2. Almond Coconut Crunch Cookies
3. Pineapple Walnut Cookies
4. Maple Caramel Swirl Cookies
5. Peppermint Chocolate Thumbprints
6. Cherry Almond Chews
7. Polka Dot Macaroons
8. Red Velvet Cookies with white chocolate and walnuts
9. Butterscotch Pecan Softies – no bake
Super Delicious Big Batch Cookies A unique, crispy shortbread type cookie textured with oatmeal, coconut and chocolate chips.
Macaroons and Chocolate — Chewy Coconut macaroons dipped in smooth chocolate
THE Best Easy Gift Fudge — It only takes 5 minutes to stir and slice this creamy rich fudge (plus a couple hours in the fridge)
No Bake Chocolate Gems – a chocolatey, chewy sweet treat that is so easy to make anytime
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars — tastes just like the peanut butter cups in the bright orange wrapper
For more sweet recipes check the A Pinch of Joy Desserts and Sweets gallery.
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Be sure to follow A Pinch of Joy so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!!
Subscribe: email on the sidebar or follow on Facebook / RSS feed / bloglovin’ / twitter and check out my pinterest boards. Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!