Cobb salads are a favorite in our house! They usually make an appearance once a week like clockwork, especially in summer. Crisp Romaine lettuce topped with a variety of healthy protein and drizzled with your choice of creamy Ranch Dressing. Cobb Salad fits deliciously into both Keto and Low Carb ways of eating. They are so easy and quick to put together, too. Avocados all end up on Wheel’s bowl — it’s a texture thing! — but he doesn’t mind because he loves them. Fresh limes in the Great Plains are usually reasonably priced only in season, but they are a nice alternative for dressing.
Making your own Ranch dressing lets you control the ingredients for both health and flavor. Buttermilk gives the dressing its own little tang, but it is not something I regularly have on hand. Sour cream and plain yogurt can be substituted measure for measure for buttermilk. Or for this recipe, you can add a scant teaspoon of white vinegar or lemon to the quarter cup of milk. Experiment with the seasonings listed below and eventually you will come up with your own signature dressing!
- ½ c. mayonnaise
- ¼ c. Greek yogurt
- ¼ c. buttermilk
- 1½ T. fresh chives, chopped
- 1 T. fresh dill, chopped
- 1 T. fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ t. smoked paprika
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ½ t. onion powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Pinch cayenne pepper - optional
- 1 t. Worcestershire sauce - optional
- 1 large head Romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 4 strips thick-cut bacon, cooked crispy
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- ¾ lbs. rotisserie chicken breast, sliced
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and cut into half-rounds
- 3 oz. feta cheese
- 1 T. fresh chives, chopped
- 1 large lime, cut into 8 wedges - optional
- For best results, prepare the night before.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Divide Romaine lettuce among four large salad bowls.
- Top lettuce in each bowl with equal amounts of bacon, hard-boiled egg, chicken breast, avocado, cucumber, and blue cheese.
- Sprinkle each dish with chopped fresh chives.
- Serve immediately with ranch dressing and/or fresh lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Follow A Pinch of Joy using the icons on the teal bar at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!! Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!
Shared with these awesome link parties here