What do you do with a bag of bananas? Make Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream! One of the little groceries in town is a great place to find unexpected bargains. Last time I was there, they had just set out bags of perfect golden yellow bananas. I brought one of the bags home with me. Since none of the bananas were over ripe, I figured I would have time to research recipes. Here’s the first recipe I made:
Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream is simple – and supper delicious. Cut up four bananas and freeze till firm. Put frozen bananas in food processor, add the other two ingredients. It does not matter if the peanut butter is creamy or chunky. Any kind of milk will work. Spin until mixed. Freeze again. Yum! Hint: Forget using the blender. You’ll end up with a frozen glob above the blades that will not budge, even when prodded with a wooden spoon. Don’t ask how I know!!! Just go for the bigger food processor that provides a wider, flatter space for frozen bananas to line up with the blade.
- Four bananas,
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- Spread parchment paper over cookie sheet. Make sure there is a flat space large enough to put the cookie sheet in the freezer. Rearrange if needed.
- Peel bananas and cut into one inch chunks, placed on parchment lined cookie sheet. Freeze banana chunks until firm, about four hours. Overnight is ideal.
- Drop banana chunks into food processor. Add peanut butter and milk.
- Pulse food processor until bananas are smooth and peanut butter and milk are thoroughly incorporated.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto parchment paper for ice cream bites. OR portion out into small bowls OR divide into six cupcake papers.
- Eat immediately for soft serve or freeze approximately 4 hours for firmer ice cream.
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Follow A Pinch of Joy using the icons on the teal bar at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!! Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!
Shared with these awesome link parties here