Green Beans are a favorite at our house. This elegant version elevates basic green beans to a whole new level. This dish is great for entertaining because it looks and tastes like you spent a lot more time on it than you actually did. Roasting the green beans assures they will be crisp tender and full of robust flavor. As an added bonus, the extra virgin olive oil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese greatly enhances the natural appeal of this classic side.
Green Beans are actually the seed pod of the common bean plant — though I’m not really sure that fact makes them taste better! Names vary according to their characteristics of growth — string beans, snap beans, pole beans, bush beans or French beans. Green beans are low in calories and carbs but high in nutritional value. They are affordable and available year round in most places so they have become a healthy staple. And they are not always green. My dad, the world’s most “selective” eater ever, would only eat yellow wax beans. Guess that’s why green beans seem exotic to me – not at all common!
- 1 pound fresh green beans,
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon high-quality extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 3 Tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking pan with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Wash and trim beans. Pat with paper towel to dry.
- In a medium bowl, toss green beans, garlic and olive oil together until completely coated. Spread coated green beans on lined pan in single layer without crowding.
- Season with salt and pepper, then roast in pre-heated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven once during this time to turn the beans so they cook evenly.
- When finished roasting, remove from oven and place beans on serving tray. Before serving, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Follow A Pinch of Joy using the icons on the teal bar at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!! Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!
Shared with these awesome link parties here