Quick Cheeseburger Quiche was probably originally a Bisquik Impossible recipe, but we’ve always called it cheeseburger quiche. Maybe to fool the mommy cook – or the small diners and their daddy — into thinking there was an exotic gourmet dish on the table in the after work scramble! It’s a great weekday meal – about 35 minutes from start to steaming finish.
When I started looking for lower carb options, this recipe surprisingly filled the bill! It is 13 carbs per serving and has 22 grams of protein to recommend it – besides its tasty heartiness. This goes together quickly – especially if you keep browned ground beef on hand. If you like a bit of Italian flair, try adding Italian seasoning along with the salt and pepper. You can also vary the cheese. Served with hot vegetable and crisp salad, this is a good dish for those cool fall days. Enjoy!
Edited to add: The original recipe plug in has been replaced (twice) and won’t let me access the recipe to add the SALT. I just made it again tonight — and didn’t put in salt because it wasn’t in the recipe, even though I knew it should be there. You’ll want salt in yours — about a teaspoon sprinkled over the browned ground beef. Pepper to taste.
- 1 pound ground beef OR 2 cups already browned ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup biscuit baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Spray 8x8 square pan. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and drain excess fat. Spread in bottom of baking pan.
- Distribute the next four ingredients evenly over ground beef
- In small bowl, mix together milk, eggs and baking mix. Pour over meat and seasonings.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
Don’t miss a thing — subscribe by email or RSS feed, follow on facebook or twitter to catch the latest post! If you found this post helpful, please give it a Stumble, Tweet, Pin, or Facebook Like. Your support of A Pinch of Joy is greatly appreciated!
Linking up to these awesome parties here and