Bytes has developed his own repertoire of recipes that are quick, easy and tasty. He offered to share some of them with you because we all can use a quick and easy dinner that is super yummy — a meal that is quick to prepare and clean up and move on to the evening’s activity. Or in this particular case so I can keep caulking and painting and caulking and painting and caulking. . . . . . Here’s another recipe in a (sort of random) series titled “Bytes Bites”. Actually it’s a two-fer because you’ll get two meals out of this — really a win-win!!!
- 1 baking potato, scrubbed with skin on
- ¼ shredded cheese of your choice such as cheddar or colby jack,
- 2 tablespoons filling of choice such as diced ham, chicken, bacon, diced onion or mixed vegetables or any combination of these
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Select the number of potatoes needed for the meal and scrub well, removing any imperfections.
- Remove a slice of potato lengthwise and set aside.
- Use a sharp knife to "dice" the interior of the potato without cutting through the bottom or sides. You'll want to leave a layer about ¼ to ½ inch of potato against the skin. Use a melon baller or spoon to remove the diced pieces of potato and set aside. Place potato shell on baking pan.
- Add a little cheese to the bottom of the shell, and then add filling to about half an inch below the top of the potato shell.
- Break one egg for each potato you are baking into a small bowl and stir until well mixed. Add salt and pepper and stir again. Pour gently over the filled potato until the shell is filled to just below the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour until potato can easily be punctured with a fork or toothpick.
- Top with remaining cheese and slip back into hot oven until cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
- Take set aside potato slice and dice into bite size pieces to add to scooped out potato bits. Place in appropriate sized, greased baking dish. Add any leftover filling and stir quickly to mix. Cheese is optional, but I like an additional ¼ cup per potato sprinkled over the top of the potato/filling mix. For each potato used, crack and scramble one egg (in addition to one listed in ingredients above). Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour egg mixture over potatoes/filling mixture in baking dish and bake along with the stuffed potatoes. This is done when table knife inserted in center comes out clean. Baking time will vary according to number of potatoes used, but a general rule of thumb is about 20 minutes for each potato. Let cool and warm for serving the next day in the microwave.
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Be sure to follow A Pinch of Joy so you don’t miss a thing! Subscribe Facebook // RSS feed // bloglovin’ // twitter // pinterest . If you found this helpful or inspiring please share below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!
Linking up to these awesome parties here and, ,Nifty Thrifty Sunday / Share Your Creativity / Sunday Showcase / Let’s Get Social / Bewitch Me and Titi / Monday Funday / Sunday Pinterest / . . . / Inspiration Monday / Motivate Me Block Party / / Marvelous Mondays / CraftoManiac Monday / Sew Darn Crafty / / Sweet Sharing Monday / Melt in Your Mouth Monday / More The Merrier /Made By You Monday / Pincentive / Time to Sparkle / Give Me the Goods / The DIY’ers / Manic Monday / Tuesday at Our Home / . .Twirl and Take a Bow Tuesdays Treasures / / Create Link Inspire / Tutorials and Tips / You’re Gonna Love It / Mommy club Linky / / Titus 2 Tuesday / Totally Tasty Tuesday / Tuesday Talent Show, / Wake Up Wednesday / Wow Me Wednesday. . . Hit Me with Your Best Shot / Homework Wednesday / The Inspiration Exchange / Cast Party Wednesday /What’s It Wednesday / Pretty Wednesday / Wow Me Wednesday /Wine’d Down Wednesday /Wednesday Project Stash / Wonderful Wednesdays / We Did It!/ It’s A Party / Whimsy Wednesday / Wildly Original / Brag About It Linky / Delish Desserts /Project Pin It / . . . Full Plate Thursday / Showcase Your Talent / Krafty Inspiriation / All Things Pretty / Throwback Thursday / Crafty Blog Stalker/ Fantastic Thursday / Tasty Thursday / / Catch a Glimpse , Grace at Home, Kitchen Fun, Thrifty Thursday. . Feathered Nest Friday / I’m Lovin’ It / Flaunt It Friday / What’s Shakin / Link Party Palooza / Foodie Friday / Anything Goes./ Freedom Friday / Remodelaholic Anonymous / Simple and Sweet Fridays / Craft Frenzy Friday / Be Inspired Friday / Friday Link Party / Best of the Weekend / Weekend Winddown / . . . . /A Bouquet of Talent / Party Junk / Saturday Dishes / Saturday Show and Tell / Strut Your Stuff Saturday / Favorite Things Saturday / Serenity Saturday, / Pin It Saturday / Saturday Spotlight / Saturday Showilicious / Show Stopper Saturday / Saturday Night Fever /