Hearty. Cheesy delicious. Filling finger food. Meal in a crust. You’ll love Cheesy Beef Stromboli. Plus it is quick and easy! Just beef and cheese – no tomato sauce. Each sentence: one more word than the last. Now it is time to talk about the food! 🙂
Brown the beef and let it cool. Unless you brown the beef as you buy it and toss it in the freezer in 2 cup packages. (Highly recommended! Especially if you buy on sale!) If you are using beef from the freezer, thaw in the microwave. Add egg and cheese. Grab your favorite cookie sheet and spray lightly with cooking spray. Crack open a roll of refrigerated pizza dough and unroll it on the cookie sheet. Pat out until it touches the edges. Spread meat filling over the dough, leaving about 3/4 inch uncovered on all the edges so you can seal the melting cheese inside! Starting with one of the long edges, roll the stromboli like a cinnamon roll. Pinch all edges closed. Brush the top with a bit of olive oil, sprinkle on the shredded parmesan and bake until golden. Let set for a few minutes after removing it from the oven. Quickly build a salad, pour your favorite drink and sink into your comfortable chair. Take a deep breath. Survey your surroundings. Another deep breath. Present in the moment — enjoy your stromboli!
- 1 roll refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 pound ground beef, approximately 2 cups
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1¾ cup mozzarella, shredded
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1tablespoon olive oil, for brushing on top
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In medium frying pan, saute ground beef and seasoning until browned.
- Drain fat and let cool slightly.
- Lightly grease 10 x14 cookie sheet and unroll pizza dough on cookie sheet.
- Mix together the raw egg and mozzarella cheese. Add slightly cooled seasoned meat and stir quickly to combine.
- Spread pizza dough with ground beef and cheese mixture. Roll up like a cinnamon roll on cookie sheet. Brush the top with olive oil and sprinkle with ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let set 3 minutes to cool slightly, then slice diagonally across the roll to make 8 pieces.
- Serve hot
Welcome to A Pinch of Joy! I’m so glad you stopped by today! Follow A Pinch of Joy using the icons on the teal bar at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!! Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!
Shared with these awesome link parties here