A really quick lunch piping hot from the oven, Chicken Ranch Pizza is great for when you want some comfort food – fast and flavorful. Reach in the pantry and raid the refrigerator. Flat bread or prebaked pizza crust, shredded or chopped cooked chicken, a couple of sliced green onions and a package of cream cheese flavored with ranch dressing mix. Top with shredded cheese. Viola — Chicken Ranch Pizza. From inspiration to table in about 25 minutes.
I used a couple of cooked chicken breasts pieces left from last night’s dinner, sliced thin then cut through perpendicularly to make small pieces. You could also use shredded chicken. This time I melted the cream cheese in a small skillet and spread it on two pieces of flat bread (about 9-10 inches square). Next time, I think it will distribute the chicken more evenly if it is stirred into the melted cream cheese and then spread on the crust. I used three green onions, sliced thin and sprinkled evenly over the pizza, A quarter of a green pepper (all that was in the fridge!) diced and sprinkled. A few cherry tomatoes, halved and distributed evenly would add to the visual appeal. Or a red pepper ,diced. Or both tomato and red pepper would be good too. Use your favorite melty cheese, like mozzarella or Colby Jack. Check after about 15 minutes to make sure the pizza is not browning too quickly. Remove from oven when cheese is melted and top is gold brown. Makes a quick snack — as well as a lunch.
- 1 to 1½ cup of shredded or chopped chicken
- 8 ounces cream cheese, warmed
- 1 Tablespoon Ranch Dressing Mix
- 3 medium green onions, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup each of red and green peppers.
- 1 package of two pieces of flat bread or one larger prebaked pizza crust
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella or Colby Jack cheese.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place flatbread on baking sheet(s)
- Place cream cheese in small skillet, over low heat. Sprinkle with Ranch Dressing Mix. Stir to help soften and melt cream cheese, as needed.
- Prepare chicken, if needed, shredded or cut into small pieces
- Slice onions and dice pepper
- Spread softened cream cheese over crust, dividing in half if using two smaller crusts.
- Distribute chicken, onions and pepper evenly over cream cheese.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Follow A Pinch of Joy using the icons on the teal bar at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!! Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the sharing buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!
Shared with these awesome link parties here