Fish is not a big staple in the Great Plains where the buffalo roam and cattle graze. So it’s not the first thing a Cornhusker thinks of when it it is time to prepare dinner. However, it is part of a healthy diet, especially if you are striving for better heart health and general health improvements overall. Or need a change of taste! I am always looking for a different way to prepare fish. But I also like quick and easy. This recipe fits both! And the garlic herb butter is also fantastic on that other staple of the Great Plains, especially this time of year! Corn on the cob.
Cod Fish with Garlic Herb Butter
Quick, easy and tasty!
Author: A Pinch of Joy by Charlene Vance
Recipe type: Main Dish
Serves: 6 servings
Garlic Herb Butter
- 6 T. unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ t. garlic, finely minced
- 1 t. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 t. fresh thyme leaves
- 2 t. fresh basil, finely chopped
- ¼ t. sea salt
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 4-oz. Atlantic cod fillets
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Prepare garlic-herb butter by combining all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Stir until the garlic, herbs, and salt are evenly distributed throughout the softened butter.
- Transfer the butter mixture to the center of a sheet of plastic wrap and form into a log. Wrap tightly and place inside the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to become firm.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pat cod filets dry with paper towel and season both sides to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Add filets to hot skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until they become golden brown. Reduce heat to medium and carefully flip each fillet.
- Top each filet with an equal amount of herb butter and continue cooking for another 3-4 minutes. Spoon the herb butter over the filets as it melts.
- Remove from heat to serving plate. Drizzle with melted herb butter and garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
- Serve immediately. Accompaniment shown: oven-roasted asparagus tossed with remaining herb butter from skillet.
Nutritional information is a guideline as actual count can vary.
Serving size: 1 fillet Calories: 206, Carbohydrates: >1 gram, Protein: 21 grams,
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Follow A Pinch of Joy using the icons on the teal bar at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!! Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!
Shared with these awesome link parties here