Apple Valley Sue sent me another great recipe that has become a signature! When she is invited to events, the hostesses requests that Sue bring Mile High Brie. You know that means Yummy captalized!
She says: “here is a great appetizer for parties. It is just 6 ingredients that you throw together on top of a round of bried with a couple of sauces drizzled on top. I’ve made this for a couple of Christmas parties and everyone loves it. I saw them last year at one of the grocery stores where they were selling for about $15. You can make them for a lot less! Here’s the ingredients:
- One round of Brie, top rind removed
- Red Maraschino cherries
- Dried cranberries
- Slivered chocolate
- Caramel sauce
- Chocolate sauce
Put the nuts and fruits on top of the brie and drizzle with the sauces.
Serve with your favorite crackers. Hope you enjoy!”
The photo above is a baby brie. It is super spectacular on a larger brie! I’ll repeat the recipe on Zip List so you can print it out and/or add it to your shopping list. The quantities given are general, because the amount used will vary according to the size of the brie you choose. This is a great addition to New Year’s Eve or any special event! Thanks so much, Apple Valley Sue for sharing your secret!
- A round of brie -- quantities for remaining ingredients will vary with size of brie chosen. This is what I used for a baby brie
- ½ cup English walnuts
- ⅓ cup Maraschino cherries
- ¼ cup Dried cranberries
- ⅓ Pecans
- 2 Tablespoons Chocolate slivers
- 1 tablespoon Chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon Caramel syrup
- Remove the top from the round of brie.
- Begin piling next five ingredients on top.
- When you can't add any more, drizzle with chocolate and caramel syrups.
- Serve at room temperature with your favorite crackers.
- A Pinch of Joy via Apple Valley Sue
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Be sure to follow A Pinch of Joy so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!!
Subscribe by email on the sidebar or follow on Facebook, RSS feed, bloglovin’ twitter and check out my pinterest boards. If you found this helpful or inspiring please share below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!