We’ve been concentrating on covering the walls with paint. And being able to find the things we need daily. Like clothes, food and important papers. This bit of wall décor managed to escape from its box. As soon as I saw it lying on the basement floor, I knew where it belonged. Above the dining room door to the deck! It makes me happy, happy, happy.
Our big accomplishment this past week has been to finish this two story wall along the steps to the lower level. Almost. The niche needs another coat of SW Biscuit. Fun contortions – especially painting the sides with a roller on a five foot long handle. See that line of terra cotta at the top next the white ceiling? No idea how we are going to paint the ceiling and that strip of wall above the steps themselves.
If only we could find the screws and mounting brackets for the long curved handrail. They are resting comfortably in some “safe” spot where we “won’t lose them”.
Curtains. No long curtains to be found. And the ones I ordered did NOT look like the picture when they arrived. Back they went. When we went to the capitol city a couple of weeks ago, we went curtain shopping. Bytes found these – but in a short length. So I ordered longer ones from the store’s website later. They are absolutely perfect for his room! Love them! Just eleven more windows to go . . . .
New Home updates: Changing colors Solar tubes Painting Progress Home Update Week 7 Home Update Week 11 Week 19 Painter’s Progress New Home Update Week 22