Egg salad is my very favorite sandwich — as I have mentioned a time or two. But even favorites need a new twist now and then. I like curry as in this Curried Chicken Salad. Mixing the two together in a Curried Egg Salad seemed the perfect marriage. I happened to have light and fluffy Kaiser rolls from my favorite grocery bake shop. A croissant would be great complement to egg salad, too.
I already had hard boiled eggs. Click the link to find instructions to make the easiest perfect hard boiled eggs. Use older eggs if you keep several dozen on hand as I do. Older eggs will peel much easier than the most recent ones. Mix the dressing first so the flavors can begin to meld. Slice and dice onions and celery, respectively. Stir them into the dressing so they are well distributed. Chop the eggs and mix them in gently. You can let set in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours to develop the flavors, before making and serving sandwiches. Or you can make up sandwiches and savor them right away as a hearty, healthy lunch. This dish can also be dressed up with curly lettuce and mini buns for a luncheon or a tea.
For tomorrow: Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
- 8 large eggs , hard boiled
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground curry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 medium green onions , thinly sliced
- 1 rib celery, finely diced
- 8 Kaiser buns
- In medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, ground curry, sugar,and salt.
- Slice onions and dice celery. Add to the dressing mixture and stir until well missed.
- Chop hardboiled eggs coarsely and add to dressing. Fold gently until combined.
- Line bottom half of Kaiser bun with lettuce and spoon egg mixture on top. Cap with top of bun.
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Follow A Pinch of Joy using the icons on the teal bar at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!! Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the sharing buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!
Shared with these awesome link parties here