Bytes emerged from his office and came down to the kitchen. Distracted in working out the details of his project, he began preparing something for the microwave. He shut the door, pressed the start button and kept talking about his great idea. Suddenly there was a B O O M and the microwave door flew open. He stopped in midsentence and stood a moment. Then he sauntered across the kitchen and bent his 6’2” self to look in the microwave. “Well, it’s cooked”, he said, “just not in one piece.”
This is what was in the microwave:
He had a hankering for a hard cooked egg. Apparently his mother (moi), in teaching him how to use the kitchen appliances when he was half as tall, had not explained things in sufficient detail including what happens when pressure builds up in a microwaved egg. Lessons learned: Break the egg open and discard the shell. Pierce the egg yolk with a toothpick or a fork before microwaving. Stand clear of the microwave when it’s waving its door instead of micro rays! And most importantly: Distracted cooking has consequences!
Ya’ ever have a day like that?