Chicken Bacon Cups were nowhere on the radar as the answer to What’s for lunch? I pondered the question as I stood in the open refrigerator door. Soup from two days before – but not quite enough for hearty servings. Hmmm, a can of biscuits. 3 grilled chicken tenders from the dinner Bytes cooked last night. Half a package of bacon in the cheese drawer. Cheddar and cream cheese. The perfect accompaniment to not quite enough soup! The lunch menu now starred Chicken Bacon Cups.
With a little more broth, some mixed vegetables and a dollop of sour cream added atop the somewhat spicy soup it had a fresh perspective instead of a “leftover vibe”. The biscuit cups were a filling addition and no one realized the chicken had been on the table the night before. Every good cook has a way to use leftovers so as to avoid wasting food. It is more economical both in time and monetary costs to use already cooked chicken rather than to start from scratch with an uncooked piece of meat. “Repurposed” or “leftovers” ? Just think of it as precooked food and skip the judgement. : -)
I layered the filling, but we decided that there would be more flavor if the cheese and meats were stirred together with the seasonings and then scooped into the biscuit cups. And that is why each recipe is made multiple times before posting! All that tweaking. This time you get the recipe idea and you get to tweak to suit yourself. The seasoning can be ranch dressing instead of Italian seasoning. Or a couple of chopped green onions. Or whatever else strikes your fancy in the savory category. Your cooking should be adventurous and “you”! Chicken Bacon Biscuit cups make a skimpy lunch more filling. And would also make a good hearty appetizer.
For sandwich ideas, check out the recipe index here.
- 1 can (10.2 oz) five flaky layered refrigerated biscuits
- 1 small chicken breast, cooked, diced
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 10 cups of a standard muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Cook bacon in microwave for one minute bursts until browned and slightly crispy. Chop into small pieces.
- While bacon is cooking, open the can of biscuits. Separate each individual biscuit into two halves. Press and stretch each half biscuit as you put into the muffin cup. You will have ten biscuit cups.
- In a small bowl, add diced chicken breast, chopped bacon, cheddar cheese , cream cheese and seasoning.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture into each biscuit cup. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Welcome to A Pinch of Joy! I’m so glad you stopped by today! Follow A Pinch of Joy using the icons on the teal bar at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!! Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!
Shared with these awesome link parties here