Zombie Brains are surprisingly tasty Halloween treats! Bwhahahaha! They are sorta cute – but the name gives them the eeewww factor that makes little boys growl with delight.
This is a very easy Halloween treat. The biggest problem I had was that it was very rainy day and the bottom of the brains were still sticky after setting an hour. (Now THERE is a sentence I never thought I would type!) A little sprinkling of powdered sugar on a new piece of waxed paper to which I then moved the candy pieces before adding the candy melts seemed to solve the problem. You can dip the chow mein brain into the candy melt, coating about half of each piece. But given my record with dipping candy here and here, I just spooned the soft candy melt into place over half the brain and skipped the dipping. You could use chocolate chips or a squeeze of chocolate frosting to make the eyes, but the candy eyes are a great touch!
- 1 7 ounce container marshmallow crème
- 1 6 ounce bag chow mein noodles
- 1 cup orange candy melts
- Green food coloring
- Candy eyes
- Approximately 1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar for sprinkling on waxed paper, if needed
- Prepare ahead of time because you will be working quickly: Line baking sheet with waxed paper, sprinkle lightly with confectioner’s sugar and set aside. Pour chow mein noodles in medium mixing bowl.
- Scoop marshmallow crème into microwave safe bowl. Add food coloring without stirring. Microwave for approximately 30 seconds and stir. Marshmallow should be easy to stir. Microwave an additional 10 to 15 seconds, if needed.
- Quickly pour marshmallow over chow mein noodles and stir well.
- Drop by spoonful on prepared waxed paper.
- Let set until firm about 30-60 minutes.
- Melt orange candy melts in microwave according to package directions.
- Dip each candy half way into the orange candy coating. OR spoon candy melt over half the candy.
- Let set approximately five minutes to slightly firm the candy melt and add two candy eyes to each piece. Let set another 10-15 minutes till firm to touch.
Need more Halloween ideas? Check these links: Preschool Party Snacks and Games How to Make Pom Pom Spider How to Make a Halloween Wreath Elegant Halloween Fun Foods for Kids Halloween Party Grasshopper Guts Smashed Frogs Zombie Brains Candy Corn Fudge Dirty Bones
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Be sure to follow A Pinch of Joy so you don’t miss a thing!
Subscribe by email on the sidebar or follow on Facebook, RSS feed, bloglovin’ twitter and check out my pinterest boards. If you found this helpful or inspiring please share below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!
Linking up to these awesome parties here and, ,Nifty Thrifty Sunday / Share Your Creativity / Sunday Showcase / Let’s Get Social / Bewitch Me and Titi / Monday Funday / Sunday Pinterest / . . . / Inspiration Monday / Motivate Me Block Party / / Marvelous Mondays / CraftoManiac Monday / Sew Darn Crafty / Metamorphosis Monday / Sweet Sharing Monday / Melt in Your Mouth Monday / More The Merrier /Made By You Monday / Pincentive / Time to Sparkle / Give Me the Goods / The DIY’ers / Manic Monday / Tuesday at Our Home / . .Twirl and Take a Bow Tuesdays Treasures / Show Me What Ya Got / Create Link Inspire / Tutorials and Tips / You’re Gonna Love It / Mommy club Linky / / Titus 2 Tuesday / Totally Tasty Tuesday / Tuesday Talent Show, / Wake Up Wednesday / Wow Me Wednesday/ . . . Hit Me with Your Best Shot / Homework Wednesday / The Inspiration Exchange / / / / Wow Me Wednesday /Wine’d Down Wednesday /Wednesday Project Stash / Wonderful Wednesdays / It’s A Party DIY / / Wildly Original /Project Pin It / . . . Full Plate Thursday / Showcase Your Talent / Krafty Inspiriation / / Throwback Thursday / Crafty Blog Stalker/ Fantastic Thursday / Tasty Thursday / / Catch a Glimpse , Grace at Home, Kitchen Fun, Thrifty Thursday. . Feathered Nest Friday / I’m Lovin’ It / Flaunt It Friday / What’s Shakin / Link Party Palooza / Foodie Friday / Anything Goes./ Freedom Friday / Remodelaholic Anonymous / Simple and Sweet Fridays / Craft Frenzy Friday / Be Inspired Friday / Friday Link Party / Best of the Weekend / Weekend Winddown / . . . . /A Bouquet of Talent / Party Junk / Saturday Dishes / Saturday Show and Tell / Strut Your Stuff Saturday / Favorite Things Saturday / Serenity Saturday, / Pin It Saturday / Saturday Spotlight / Saturday Showilicious / Show Stopper Saturday / Saturday Night Fever /