Rich, buttery Toffee Blondies are a great gift for any occasion. The gift jars are so easy to make. Just layer the ingredients in the order given, packing each down tightly. So easy but they look spectacular! If you want to add to your gift, tie a small whisk or rubber spatula to the jar. Perhaps the recipient will be a new cook and would appreciate an 8×8 baking pan or a can of cooking spray. Don’t forget to add a copy of instructions: Tags for Toffee Blondies
You can use a canning funnel if you have one. If you don’t have a funnel, see this post Potato Soup Mix for directions on how to make one with a disposable cup and for other hints. For other posts in the Gift in a Jar series see also: Savory Chicken Noodle Soup Mix Hot Chocolate Mix Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies Apple Butter Crumb Cake Mix You can find more ideas on my pinterest Gifts in a Jar board.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chopped pecans OR walnuts
- ½ cup Heath toffee chips
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- Layer ingredients in order given, packing down each layer firmly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter, about 30 seconds in microwave
- Lightly beat 2 eggs in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add melted butter and vanilla and stir.
- Add the contents of the jar and stir until well mixed. Batter will be thick and pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Spray an 8 by 8 pan with cooking spray and spread batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until blondies are golden brown and start to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Makes 12 bars, approximately 2” x 3”.
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Be sure to follow A Pinch of Joy so you don’t miss a thing! Subscribe by email on the sidebar or follow on Facebook, RSS feed, bloglovin’ twitter or pinterest If you found this helpful or inspiring please share below! I’d love to have you along on this journey!