Warning. You won’t be able to stop saying “MMMM OOOH MMMMM!” while eating Maple Caramel Swirl Cookies. The slightly crisp cookie wrapped around creamy caramel is definitely for sophisticated palates. Not that kids wouldn’t like them – we adults just need an excuse to keep some things for us! Seriously, I like to let kids do as much as possible in cookie making without having to stand over them. But making this recipe is just a bit complex and could easily go to the messy side with helpers under the age of 12. The taste is amazing!!!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 30 caramels
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Cream butter, cream cheese and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolk and flavoring.
- Gradually add flour to creamed mixture. Mixture will be somewhat sticky.
- Refrigerate until easy to handle, about 2 hours.
- Melt caramels according to package directions. Add cream cheese and stir until blended. Set aside.
- Divide refrigerated dough in half and place each half on a lightly floured piece of waxed paper. Cover with another piece of waxed paper and roll each portion between waxed paper to about a ¼ inch thickness.
- Spread half of caramel filling over each portion of dough to within half inch of edges.
- Roll up tightly, jelly roll style. Wrap each roll and refrigerate at least four hours or overnight until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Unwrap and cut dough into slices ¼ inch thick and place each slice on parchment lined (or greased) baking sheet.
- Bake 12 – 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool 2-3 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool.
12 Day of Christmas Cookies: Fruitcake cookies Almond Coconut Crunch Cookies Pineapple Walnut Cookies Maple Caramel Swirl Cookies Peppermint Chocolate Thumbprints Cherry Almond Chews Polka Dot Macaroons Red Velvet Cookies with white chocolate and walnuts Butterscotch Pecan Softies – no bake Toffee Crisps Crescent Mini Chip Cookies Minty Christmas Cookies
12 Days of Christmas candy and no-bake recipes: Christmas Wreath Potato Chip Clusters Cherry Mash Bars Pistachio Fudge Cinnamon Swirl Cream Cheese Mints Classic Oreo Truffles Cranberry Pistachio Chocolate Bark Ritz Turtles Gooey Golden Chex Mix Fabulous Fudge No-Bake Chocolate Cookies
Gifts in a Jar and free printables: Savory Chicken Noodle Soup Mix Hot Chocolate Mix Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies Apple Butter Crumb Cake Mix Potato Soup Mix Hot Chocolate Mix Toffee Blondies Mix Chocolate Andes Mint Cookie Mix Chai Tea Mix Chocolate Chip Snickerdoole Pancake Mix
no bake and no stress treats in small batches. For when you want to have a variety of treats without a lot of leftovers.
- Chocolate Peppermint Grahams
- Grinch Kabobs
- Butterscotch Pecan Softies
- Peanut Butter Double Chocolate Bars
- Grinch Kabobs
A Dozen Awesome Appetizer and Delicious Dips from a Pinch of Joy
Super Delicious Big Batch Cookies A unique, crispy shortbread type cookie textured with oatmeal, coconut and chocolate chips.
Macaroons and Chocolate — Chewy Coconut macaroons dipped in smooth chocolate
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars — tastes just like the peanut butter cups in the bright orange wrapper
Welcome to A Pinch of Joy! I’m so glad you stopped by today! Follow A Pinch of Joy using the icons on the teal bar at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!! Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!
Shared with these awesome link parties here
Oh my! These sound absolutely to die for. And if I ate enough of them that could happen! I’d love it if you shared these at Holiday Best at Tumbleweed Contessa.
I am trying these soon. The office gang will devour them.
Linda recently posted…Holiday Best
Perfect for an office party!