Almond Cheesecake Squares are a rich and delicious dessert that makes an elegant addition to a cookie tray or a flavorful end to a holiday dinner. It is a New York style cheesecake because it includes sour cream among the ingredients — another notch up on the flavor scale! The toasted and ground almonds give the crust a nice flavor and texture. The filling is quick and easy. The hardest part is waiting for it to bake — and then cool before slicing! Can be made ahead and frozen. Don’t worry about freezing leftovers because there won’t be any. 🙂
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds, finely ground
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ cup toasted, sliced almonds for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8x8 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Toast ½ cup almonds in small skillet over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Let cool and grind ¼ cup to add to crust.
- Mix sugar, graham cracker crumbs, and ground almonds together in a mixing bowl. Pour melted butter over top. Mix well until butter is evenly distributed.
- Press firmly into prepared pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, mix cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping sides of bowl, and mixing well after each addition. Add sour cream and extracts; mix well. When crust is done, pour filling mixture over prepared crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 47 minutes, or until firm.
- Remove from oven and top with toasted sliced almonds.
Check out these holiday collections!
12 Days of Christmas Cookies: Fruitcake cookies Almond Coconut Crunch Cookies Pineapple Walnut Cookies Maple Caramel Swirl Cookies Peppermint Chocolate Thumbprints Cherry Almond Chews Polka Dot Macaroons Red Velvet Cookies with white chocolate and walnuts Butterscotch Pecan Softies – no bake Toffee Crisps Crescent Mini Chip Cookies Minty Christmas Cookies
12 No Bake Gifts from the Kitchen: Christmas Wreath Cherry Mash Bars Potato Chip Clusters Pistachio Fudge Cinnamon Swirl Cream Cheese Mints Classic Oreo Truffles Cranberry Pistachio Chocolate Bark Ritz Turtles Gooey Golden Chex Mix Fabulous Fudge No-Bake Chocolate Cookies Eggnog Fudge
12 Awesome Appetizers and Delicious Dips: Cheesy Chicken Enchildada Dip Cheese and Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms Cinnamon Apple Baked Brie Pineapple Bacon Bites Ham and Cheese Pinwheels Hot Roast Beef Party Sandwiches Thin Crust Fresh Veggie Pizza Bacon Onion Cheese Spread Tuna Spread Warm and Cheesy Bacon Dip Reuben Dip
Gifts in a Jar with free printables: Savory Chicken Noodle Soup Mix Hot Chocolate Mix Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies Apple Butter Crumb Cake Mix Potato Soup Mix Hot Chocolate Mix Toffee Blondies Mix Chocolate Andes Mint Cookie Mix Chai Tea Mix Chocolate Chip Snickerdoodle Pancake Mix
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Follow A Pinch of Joy using the icons on the teal bar at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!! Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!
Shared with these awesome link parties here