Why did I try variations? Because when I first tasted the mixed cookie dough, I thought it needed pizazz. So I pizazzed. And when I was finished, guess what was my favorite? The plain fluffy cloud. Seconded quite closely by the chopped walnut — cuz I like nuts! Without further ado:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar for rolling cookies
- Optional add ins - chocolate chips, chopped nuts, sprinkles
- Optional for coating rolled cookie balls - sanding sugar, sprinkles
- Beat butter, vanilla, egg and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Mix in cake mix until well blended. If using add-ins, divide dough as needed and stir in chocolate chips or chopped nuts.
- Chill for 30 minutes to an hour
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll into balls and dip in a bowl of powdered sugar or alternatively, sanding sugar or sprinkles.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes until the edges are lightly brown.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then slide parchment paper and cookies onto cooling rack. Let set till cool and firm.
Check out these holiday collections!
12 Days of Christmas Cookies: Fruitcake cookies Almond Coconut Crunch Cookies Pineapple Walnut Cookies Maple Caramel Swirl Cookies Peppermint Chocolate Thumbprints Cherry Almond Chews Polka Dot Macaroons Red Velvet Cookies with white chocolate and walnuts Butterscotch Pecan Softies – no bake Toffee Crisps Crescent Mini Chip Cookies Minty Christmas Cookies
12 No Bake Gifts from the Kitchen: Christmas Wreath Cherry Mash Bars Potato Chip Clusters Pistachio Fudge Cinnamon Swirl Cream Cheese Mints Classic Oreo Truffles Cranberry Pistachio Chocolate Bark Ritz Turtles Gooey Golden Chex Mix Fabulous Fudge No-Bake Chocolate Cookies Eggnog Fudge
12 Awesome Appetizers and Delicious Dips: Cheesy Chicken Enchildada Dip Cheese and Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms Cinnamon Apple Baked Brie Pineapple Bacon Bites Ham and Cheese Pinwheels Hot Roast Beef Party Sandwiches Thin Crust Fresh Veggie Pizza Bacon Onion Cheese Spread Tuna Spread Warm and Cheesy Bacon Dip Reuben Dip
Gifts in a Jar with free printables: Savory Chicken Noodle Soup Mix Hot Chocolate Mix Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies Apple Butter Crumb Cake Mix Potato Soup Mix Hot Chocolate Mix Toffee Blondies Mix Chocolate Andes Mint Cookie Mix Chai Tea Mix Chocolate Chip Snickerdoodle Pancake Mix
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Follow A Pinch of Joy using the icons on the teal bar at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!! Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!
Shared with these awesome link parties here