German Chocolate Cake Nibbles are reminiscent of the popular coconut and chocolate cake sometimes served during the holidays. These cookies are really easy to make, but the results look fabulous. Since these are drop cookies they are not make ahead and bake later cookies. In other words, prepare the batter and bake the cookie in the same day. However, they are quick and easy to make you won’t mind. And the smell is heavenly. Not to mention — chocolate!!
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line with parchment paper (or lightly grease) three baking sheets, and set aside.
- In medium bowl, thoroughly combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- In large mixing bowl, use hand mixer to blend butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
- Pouring small portions, add flour mixture into the larger bowl with the butter mixture, beating well after each addition. Add chocolate chips, coconut, and pecans. Mix well.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to drop batter onto prepared baking sheets. Each sheet should have at least 1 dozen cookies, depending on the size of your sheet.
- Bake about 8 minutes or until cookies are cooked in the center. Since you can’t use the “golden brown” method to judge when chocolate cookies are done, insert a wooden toothpick into the middle of several cookies to check. If the toothpick comes out clean with no batter or wet crumbs sticking to it, cookies are done.
- Remove cookies from oven and place on a baking rack to cool.
Check out these holiday collections!
12 Days of Christmas Cookies: Fruitcake cookies Almond Coconut Crunch Cookies Pineapple Walnut Cookies Maple Caramel Swirl Cookies Peppermint Chocolate Thumbprints Cherry Almond Chews Polka Dot Macaroons Red Velvet Cookies with white chocolate and walnuts Butterscotch Pecan Softies – no bake Toffee Crisps Crescent Mini Chip Cookies Minty Christmas Cookies
12 No Bake Gifts from the Kitchen: Christmas Wreath Cherry Mash Bars Potato Chip Clusters Pistachio Fudge Cinnamon Swirl Cream Cheese Mints Classic Oreo Truffles Cranberry Pistachio Chocolate Bark Ritz Turtles Gooey Golden Chex Mix Fabulous Fudge No-Bake Chocolate Cookies Eggnog Fudge
12 Awesome Appetizers and Delicious Dips: Cheesy Chicken Enchildada Dip Cheese and Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms Cinnamon Apple Baked Brie Pineapple Bacon Bites Ham and Cheese Pinwheels Hot Roast Beef Party Sandwiches Thin Crust Fresh Veggie Pizza Bacon Onion Cheese Spread Tuna Spread Warm and Cheesy Bacon Dip Reuben Dip
Gifts in a Jar with free printables: Savory Chicken Noodle Soup Mix Hot Chocolate Mix Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies Apple Butter Crumb Cake Mix Potato Soup Mix Hot Chocolate Mix Toffee Blondies Mix Chocolate Andes Mint Cookie Mix Chai Tea Mix Chocolate Chip Snickerdoodle Pancake Mix
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Follow A Pinch of Joy using the icons on the teal bar at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!! Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!
Shared with these awesome link parties here