Minty Christmas Cookies are fun! Fun colors, fun and easy to make and decorate, fun to make with littles. Best of all, they are fun to eat! Use the paste colors because they give deeper color without adding extra liquid. It’s no secret that I am not good at dipping things in chocolate! (Remember? How not to make peppermint patties and Chocolate covered Cheeseballs) I frosted half of each cookie with the melted chocolate instead of dipping. Requires less chocolate – saves $ and lowers the carb count a tiny bit and is a whole lot easier! Melt about half the given amount if you do this. Have fun!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extrace
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- Red and green paste food coloring
- 1 cup chocolate candy coating, semisweet, dark OR mint
- Topping options: ¾ cup crushed peppermint candies, crème de menthe chips, chopped nuts, sprinkles
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add extracts and gradually beat in flour.
- Divide dough in half.
- Tint one portion red and the portion green. Wrap each in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to ¼ inch thickness. Cut with 3 inch diameter round cookie cutter.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until firm and slightly golden on bottom.
- Cool on pans for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Melt candy coating according to package directions.
- Dip half of each cooled cookie into melted candy coating and place on waxed paper.
- Sprinkle with toppings and let stand until firm
A dozen great cookie recipes — check back daily to see the Cookie of the Day!
1. Fruitcake cookies
2. Almond Coconut Crunch Cookies
3. Pineapple Walnut Cookies
4. Maple Caramel Swirl Cookies
5. Peppermint Chocolate Thumbprints
6. Cherry Almond Chews
7. Polka Dot Macaroons
8. Red Velvet Cookies with white chocolate and walnuts
9. Butterscotch Pecan Softies – no bake
10. Toffee Crisps
11. Crescent Mini Chip Cookies
12. Minty Christmas Cookies
Super Delicious Big Batch Cookies A unique, crispy shortbread type cookie textured with oatmeal, coconut and chocolate chips.
Macaroons and Chocolate — Chewy Coconut macaroons dipped in smooth chocolate
THE Best Easy Gift Fudge — It only takes 5 minutes to stir and slice this creamy rich fudge (plus a couple hours in the fridge)
No Bake Chocolate Gems – a chocolatey, chewy sweet treat that is so easy to make anytime
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars — tastes just like the peanut butter cups in the bright orange wrapper
For more sweet recipes check the A Pinch of Joy Desserts and Sweets gallery.
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Be sure to follow A Pinch of Joy so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!!
Subscribe: email on the sidebar or follow on Facebook / RSS feed / bloglovin’ / twitter and check out my pinterest boards. Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated