Butterscotch Pecan Softies are a nice change of pace. Not sweet, a nice mellow butterscotch flavor and an interesting texture. If you can, mix it up and let it chill overnight in the refrigerator. That lets the flavors meld and develop to a mellow butterscotch. Toasting the pecans deepens the flavor. Just be careful with multitasking while the pecans are toasting in a skillet. It doesn’t take long and when they are ready, they are ready. No fooling around trying to finish some other little thing. Or you might find yourself scraping too much dark off a bunch of pecans. Yep, you got the picture – yours truly is the voice of experience 🙂
- 1 ¾ cups pecans, toasted
- 1 can 14 ounces sweeted condensed milk
- 1 ½ cups finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 package instant butterscotch pudding mix, sugar free
- ¼ cup sugar
- 48 pecan halves, toasted
- Lightly toast 1 ¾ cups pecans in ungreased skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently until fragrant.
- Place pecans in food processor. Pulse until pecans are finely ground.
- In bowl, stir together pecans, milk, coconut and pudding mix until blended.
- Cover and refrigerate at least an hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Shape mixture into one inch balls. Roll in sugar and set on waxed or parchment paper.
- Top each piece with a pecan half, flattening cookies just slightly.
- Store in airtight containers in the refrigerator.
12 Days of Christmas Cookies: Fruitcake cookies Almond Coconut Crunch Cookies Pineapple Walnut Cookies Maple Caramel Swirl Cookies Peppermint Chocolate Thumbprints Cherry Almond Chews Polka Dot Macaroons Red Velvet Cookies with white chocolate and walnuts Butterscotch Pecan Softies – no bake Toffee Crisps Crescent Mini Chip Cookies Minty Christmas Cookies
12 Days of Christmas candy and no-bake recipes: Christmas Wreath Potato Chip Clusters Cherry Mash Bars Pistachio Fudge Cinnamon Swirl Cream Cheese Mints Classic Oreo Truffles Cranberry Pistachio Chocolate Bark Ritz Turtles Gooey Golden Chex Mix Fabulous Fudge No-Bake Chocolate Cookies
Super Delicious Big Batch Cookies A unique, crispy shortbread type cookie textured with oatmeal, coconut and chocolate chips.
Macaroons and Chocolate — Chewy Coconut macaroons dipped in smooth chocolate
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars — tastes just like the peanut butter cups in the bright orange wrapper
For more sweet recipes check the A Pinch of Joy Desserts and Sweets gallery.
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Be sure to follow A Pinch of Joy so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!!
Subscribe: email on the sidebar or follow on Facebook / RSS feed / bloglovin’ / twitter and check out my pinterest boards. Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!