The trickiest part of Crescent Mini Chip Cookies is shaping the crescent. I rolled the refrigerated dough into balls just under an inch in diameter and poked and pulled until the crescent formed. That worked but seemed to take forever –and I didn’t have any enthusiastic kid helpers at the moment who would enjoy shaping the dough. The fastest way was to scoop up a scant tablespoonful of dough and push it off onto the parchment lined baking sheet. I put one finger next the dough and used the spoon to mold a crescent around the finger. Went much faster! Experiment until you find what works for you.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ cups mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounce package semisweet chocolate chips
- Optional toppings: coconut, sprinkles, chopped nuts, crushed candy
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Beat butter, cream cheese and sugar until blended. Add egg and extracts.
- Combine dry ingredients in medium bowl and gradually add to butter mixture.
- Stir in mini chips.
- Cover and refrigerate at least on hour or until firm enough to shape.
- Shape level tablespoons of dough into crescents, using two spoons or fingers. Place each crescent on parchment lined or greased baking sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until light brown.
- Remove from pans to wire rack for cooling.
- Melt 2 cups chocolate chips in microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring in between until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip each cookie halfway into chocolate and allow excess to drip back into bowl.
- Place cookie on waxed paper and if desired sprinkle with toppings.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.
A dozen great cookie recipes — 1. Fruitcake cookies 2. Almond Coconut Crunch Cookies 3. Pineapple Walnut Cookies 4. Maple Caramel Swirl Cookies 5. Peppermint Chocolate Thumbprints 6. Cherry Almond Chews 7. Polka Dot Macaroons 8. Red Velvet Cookies with white chocolate and walnuts 9. Butterscotch Pecan Softies – no bake 10. Toffee Crisps 11. Crescent Mini Chip Cookies 12. Minty Christmas Cookies
Super Delicious Big Batch Cookies A unique, crispy shortbread type cookie textured with oatmeal, coconut and chocolate chips.
Macaroons and Chocolate — Chewy Coconut macaroons dipped in smooth chocolate
A dozen candy and no-bake recipes: Christmas Wreath Potato Chip Clusters Cherry Mash Bars Pistachio Fudge Cinnamon Swirl Cream Cheese Mints Classic Oreo Truffles Cranberry Pistachio Chocolate Bark Ritz Turtles Fabulous Fudge Gooey Golden Chex Mix No-Bake Chocolate Cookies Eggnog Fudge
For more sweet recipes check the A Pinch of Joy Desserts and Sweets gallery.
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Be sure to follow A Pinch of Joy so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!!
Subscribe: email on the sidebar or follow on Facebook / RSS feed / bloglovin’ / twitter and check out my pinterest boards. Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated