Warning. You won’t be able to stop saying “MMMM OOOH MMMMM!” while eating Maple Caramel Swirl Cookies. The slightly crisp cookie wrapped around creamy caramel is definitely for sophisticated palates. Not that kids wouldn’t like them – we adults just need an excuse to keep some things for us! Seriously, I like to let kids do as much as possible in cookie making without having to stand over them. But making this recipe is just a bit complex and could easily go to the messy side with helpers under the age of 12. The taste is amazing!!!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 30 caramels
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Cream butter, cream cheese and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolk and flavoring.
- Gradually add flour to creamed mixture. Mixture will be somewhat sticky.
- Refrigerate until easy to handle, about 2 hours.
- Melt caramels according to package directions. Add cream cheese and stir until blended. Set aside.
- Divide refrigerated dough in half and place each half on a lightly floured piece of waxed paper. Cover with another piece of waxed paper and roll each portion between waxed paper to about a ¼ inch thickness.
- Spread half of caramel filling over each portion of dough to within half inch of edges.
- Roll up tightly, jelly roll style. Wrap each roll and refrigerate at least four hours or overnight until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Unwrap and cut dough into slices ¼ inch thick and place each slice on parchment lined (or greased) baking sheet.
- Bake 12 – 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool 2-3 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool.
A dozen great cookie recipes — check back daily to see the Cookie of the Day!
1. Fruitcake cookies
2. Almond Coconut Crunch Cookies
3. Pineapple Walnut Cookies
4. Maple Caramel Swirl Cookies
5. Peppermint Chocolate Thumbprints
6. Cherry Almond Chews
7. Polka Dot Macaroons
8. Red Velvet Cookies with white chocolate and walnuts
9. Butterscotch Pecan Softies — No bake
10. Toffee Crisps
11. Crescent Mini Chip Cookies
12. Minty Christmas Cookies
Super Delicious Big Batch Cookies A unique, crispy shortbread type cookie textured with oatmeal, coconut and chocolate chips.
Macaroons and Chocolate — Chewy Coconut macaroons dipped in smooth chocolate
THE Best Easy Gift Fudge — It only takes 5 minutes to stir and slice this creamy rich fudge (plus a couple hours in the fridge)
No Bake Chocolate Gems – a chocolatey, chewy sweet treat that is so easy to make anytime
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars — tastes just like the peanut butter cups in the bright orange wrapper
For more sweet recipes check the A Pinch of Joy Desserts and Sweets gallery.
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Be sure to follow A Pinch of Joy so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!!
Subscribe: email on the sidebar or follow on Facebook / RSS feed / bloglovin’ / twitter and check out my pinterest boards. Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!