Pineapple Walnut Cookies shout surprise! The pineapple is not a list topper when you are thinking of cookie ingredients. The bits of pineapple bake sweet and a little chewy, a tasty second surprise. Rated superb taste in all categories – hot, cooled for 45 minutes, next day, and two days later. (I have to hide the cookies for two days later category!)
Mixing the dry ingredients before adding them to the other ingredients insures that they will be thoroughly distributed in the cookie dough. This is important for taste and to make sure that the leavening agents (baking powder and soda) are doing what they do in each cookie evenly. I confess that I cheat when I am in the midst of a marathon baking session. I add one leavening agent to the first cup of flour and sort of poke/stir it in the top part of the cupful and then repeat for the second leavening agent in the second cup. It works as long as the dry ingredients are not added as the last ingredient.
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup crushed pineapple, drained
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream shortening, sugars, egg and vanilla until light.
- Add pineapple.
- Gently mix dry ingredients together in a second bowl. Gradually add dry ingredients.
- Add nuts and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto greased or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool 2 minutes before removing to rack to thoroughly cool.
A dozen great cookie recipes — check back daily to see the Cookie of the Day!
1. Fruitcake cookies
2. Almond Coconut Crunch Cookies
3. Pineapple Walnut Cookies
4. Maple Caramel Swirl Cookies
5. Peppermint Chocolate Thumbprints
6. Cherry Almond Chews
7. Polka Dot Macaroons
8. Red Velvet Cookies with white chocolate and walnuts
9. Butterscotch Pecan Softies – no bake
10. Toffee Crisps
11. Crescent Mini Chip Cookies
12. Minty Christmas Cookies
Super Delicious Big Batch Cookies A unique, crispy shortbread type cookie textured with oatmeal, coconut and chocolate chips.
Macaroons and Chocolate — Chewy Coconut macaroons dipped in smooth chocolate
THE Best Easy Gift Fudge — It only takes 5 minutes to stir and slice this creamy rich fudge (plus a couple hours in the fridge)
No Bake Chocolate Gems — a chocolatey, chewy sweet treat that is so easy to make anytime
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars — tastes just like the peanut butter cups in the bright orange wrapper
For more sweet recipes check the A Pinch of Joy Desserts and Sweets gallery.
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Be sure to follow A Pinch of Joy so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!!
Subscribe: email on the sidebar or follow on Facebook / RSS feed / bloglovin’ / twitter and check out my pinterest boards. Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!