Toffee Crisps seemed a bit unusual to me in that it was a baked cookie recipe using graham cracker crumbs for thickener and condensed milk for sweetener. It is a very goooood combination!! If you crush the graham crackers, you’ll need about 32 squares to make 2 cups. That’s about the most complicated thing in making these delights. Very quick and easy. The dough is thick and can be shaped into a relatively uniform circle very easily as you push them off a tablespoon. I’ve rolled them into balls between the palms of my “very clean” hands – but that is not necessary. What IS necessary is keeping a close eye on the baking time, as these go from brown to overdone very quickly.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 can, 14 ounces, sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 package, 12 ounces, semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup English toffee bits
- 1 ½ cups flaked coconut
- Combine butter and milk in large mixing bowl until well mixed.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, flour and baking powder in separate bowl and gradually add to the butter mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips, toffee bits and coconut
- Drop by round tablespoonsful about 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Let set on cookie sheet for two minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
12 Days of Christmas Cookies: Fruitcake cookies Almond Coconut Crunch Cookies Pineapple Walnut Cookies Maple Caramel Swirl Cookies Peppermint Chocolate Thumbprints Cherry Almond Chews Polka Dot Macaroons Red Velvet Cookies with white chocolate and walnuts Butterscotch Pecan Softies – no bake Toffee Crisps Crescent Mini Chip Cookies Minty Christmas Cookies
12 Days of Christmas candy and no-bake recipes: Christmas Wreath Potato Chip Clusters Cherry Mash Bars Pistachio Fudge Cinnamon Swirl Cream Cheese Mints Classic Oreo Truffles Cranberry Pistachio Chocolate Bark Ritz Turtles Gooey Golden Chex Mix Fabulous Fudge No-Bake Chocolate Cookies Eggnog Fudge
Super Delicious Big Batch Cookies A unique, crispy shortbread type cookie textured with oatmeal, coconut and chocolate chips.
Macaroons and Chocolate — Chewy Coconut macaroons dipped in smooth chocolate
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars — tastes just like the peanut butter cups in the bright orange wrapper
For more sweet recipes check the A Pinch of Joy Desserts and Sweets gallery.
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Be sure to follow A Pinch of Joy so you don’t miss a thing! I’d love to have your company on this venture!! Subscribe: email on the sidebar or follow on Facebook / RSS feed / bloglovin’ / twitter and check out my pinterest boards. Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of A Pinch of Joy is appreciated!